St. Leonard’s C.E. Primary School is a community that works together, welcoming all children and their families. We aim to educate our children in a secure, safe and happy environment, fostering attitudes of mutual respect and responsibility. Positive moral values are built into the ethos and teaching of this Christian school, in which everyone is treated with fairness, respect and equality.
‘A school where everyone matters’
Our Aims and Ethos
- To work together to create a happy, secure, safe environment that ensures all children reach their potential.
- To provide a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment that priorities raising attainment in communication, language, literacy and numeracy.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that recognises and values individuals’ strengths, needs and interests.
- To promote and develop positive self image, and a school community which values the feelings, interests and views of others.
- To develop citizenship, respect, honesty and tolerance between staff, pupils and parents.
- To provide equal opportunities and a variety of first hand experiences that excite, motivate and enrich individuals in order to broaden their horizons and expectations.
- To celebrate the cultural diversity of our community.
- To encourage the development of language, with an emphasis on speaking and listening skills.
- To encourage the development of the whole child so that they can take their place in society.
Code of Conduct
At St Leonards we expect all staff, pupils and parents to follow our code of conduct which is based around the values of
- Love ……………….. “Love is patient, Love is kind.” 1 Corinthians 13 v 4
- Respect …………… “Show proper respect to everyone.” 1 Peter 2 v 17
- Responsibility …….. “In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well.” Romans 12 v 6
These values are shared through our assemblies, worship times and PSHCE lessons and are embedded in the whole ethos of our school and the way we behave towards each other. We promote tolerance and understanding and prepare all our pupils to be participant citizens in our British culture.